Wednesday, February 23, 2011

So apparently I can't blog from work...

Are you kidding me? This thing ate my post. Okay... so I guess we go back to old style, typing posts in Word and then copying them into here.

I had said that I wanted to talk some about the kids and other aspects of life...

Mimi is 13, finishing up 8th grade this year, which means she will be in high school  next year! Gak! When did that happen?!? She got accepted into Ellis Tech and Killingly Vo-Ag for high school next year, up there in the land of too f*cking cold. It upsets me that she is somehow thinking she won't be living with us so that she will have to go to high school up there. I'm hoping to change that perception. Unless of course, she WANTS to stay up there with her pathetic excuse for a mother... in which case that decision is hers and we will respect it. Howver, that does mean that Jason & I have four years before we have to pay for her to go to college. College?!? Seriously?!? We all know that if she wants to go to more than a junior college/community college and she is not living with us, who is going to have to pay for it anyhow.
Mimi was recently diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes! Scary! She has lost weight and her vision is better, which if there has to be a positive to it, I guess that would be it.

Lizzie is 10, finishing up 5th grade and about to jump to Middle School! Big girl! She is becoming more of her own person as she gets older and is definitely getting wise(r) about things she was too naive to recognize when she was younger. She is very vocal about wanting to live with Jason & me. I hope that we can make that happen for her. Lizzie getting big trips me out more than Mimi, I think, because when Jason & I got together Lizzie was still a baby, so I've watched her grow all these years.

Alex is almost 5 and going to "school". She will start Kindergarten "big girl school" in the Fall, but for now she is content to be going to "school" with Sebastian. They go to a wonderful daycare/preschool called Kids' Club and she seems to enjoy it very much. They work on letters and numbers in her classroom and color and play games.

Bubs (Sebastian) will be 2 in March, just a few days after Alex turns 5. He is going to the afore-mentioned Kids' Club with Alex and seems to enjoy it. There is a painting on the wall above his classroom that I just love-it says "for one so small you seem so strong". I had/have such mixed feelings about him going to daycare-he was home with Mommy for the first year-and-a-half of his life. I got all the milestones, at least. It is important for him to be there with other kids, socializing, and it is important for him to learn that there are other adults that will take care of him that he can trust. Those are good. I DON'T like that he has been sick pretty much the whole time he's been going there. I know its good for his immune system and blah-blah-blah, but I hate my baby boy having a fever and coughing and sneezing and just flopping over because it is obvious he doesn't feel good.

So what else?
We currently live in the great state of Alabama. We moved back here because we wanted to and had been missing it for quite some time. It was also the last bit of closure we needed from our earlier situation, which helped both of us (though more me, I suspect).
We are entertaining the idea that part of Sebastian's problem is allergies, not being sick-sick, so Jason brought up having him allergy-tested and then moving somewhere allergens are less of a problem for him.
We are also struggling financially, despite what some people would like to make others believe. Jason's hope & dream is to get a job using his degree in Business Adminstration. I'd like to get a Masters' degree or a J.D.; whichever one I get will be determined by where we live and what schools are close. I know what my options are here and I know what they are elsewhere, so we'll just have to see. I have also been accepted to the Boston University online program-but seeing the issues Jason is having with getting a job having a degree from an online university, I might just do brick-and-mortar instead.

I guess that is all for now... I am hoping that this will serve to be cathartic for me. I have been wishing for a while that FaceBook had a blog feature like MySpace-with doing my blogs this way and linking to FaceBook, it should be just as good.
Finally a quote that I saw on the Rescue Ink site-"stop telling lies about me and I'll stop telling the truth about you". That applies so well to people in my life. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment